Your driveway is one of the most used surfaces in your home. It’s constantly exposed to the elements, sees oil spills, and tire tracks on the surface. It’s very important to choose a driveway that can stand all that wear for a long time. A concrete driveway is one such installation.
At Driveways 2Day, we’ve seen that concrete is one of the most popular paving materials today. We’ve installed them in Frederick, and the nearby towns of Green Valley, Damascus, Montgomery Village, and Sykesville with great results.
We’re also in the process of completing concrete driveway installation in Urbana, Mount Airy, Germantown, Gaithersburg, and Hagerstown. Our clients find concrete to be very convenient.
The Advantages of Concrete Driveways
There has been an upsurge in popularity of concrete over the recent years. Most people hesitated to install concrete driveways in their homes because it looked bland. That’s no long the case. Consider the following points:
- Durability - A driveway paved with this material is permanent. Concrete is an extremely durable material that can last for several years. These driveways also decrease erosion, maintaining the health of your landscaping.
- Maintenance - Concrete driveways are fairly low maintenance. Cleaning concrete driveways is a breeze and they require the same low-level of maintenance throughout the year. So if you want a driveway that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, concrete is your best bet.
- Looks - One of the reasons why concrete has gained so much popularity is because of its versatility in design. People can install stamped concrete driveways that can imitate the look of pavers, brick, or stone. The mixture can also be stained with different colors. This opens up a variety of design options for the customer.
- Costs - The cost of the driveway really depends on the size of the driveway and the design used. A big driveway with multiple patterns, saw-cut designs, borders, etc, can be expensive. A simple driveway with just one coloring, some basic stenciling, and exposed aggregate will be more affordable. However concrete is more affordable than materials like stone.
As we mentioned before, concrete offers up a variety of design options. We’ll explain it briefly below:
- Stamped Concrete - This is essentially a method in where we stamp patterns onto the concrete surface. This can be any design you want, like natural stone, brick, tile, slate, etc. You can get an expensive look without the price.
- Colored Concrete - As the name suggests, this concrete is stained with the desired color during the mixing process. There’s a wide variety of colors to choose from.
- Sawed and Grooved - In this process, the design is sawed onto the hardened concrete surface. This gave a very different look to your driveway and can enhance the curb appeal of your property.
There are other patterns like engraving and exposed aggregate as well. The design depends on your taste. The cost might vary but the appeal of concrete driveways in universal. If you have any question about driveways and our services, fell free to give us at Driveways 2Day a call. Just dial 443-280-6126 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.