Without question, a paver driveway is one of the most popular installations today. People like the design choices, the versatility, and the easy maintenance of this driveway material. Pavers give a high-quality authentic look at a lower cost and most people love the effect.
We at Driveways 2Day have installed several paver driveways in Frederick, and he nearby towns of Green Valley, Damascus, Montgomery Village, and Sykesville. They’re easy to install and can be quickly laid, which most of our clients prefer.
Pavers are also very resilient and suited for Maryland weather, as our clients from Urbana, Mount Airy, Germantown, Gaithersburg, and Hagerstown have observed. The surface can withstand cold temperatures easily and doesn’t become slippery.
The Versatility of Paver Driveways
Pavers are very versatile as they come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. This means that you can pick a paver that fits in with your home. Here are some of the design choices you can make:
- Appearance - Some pavers look like brick, some imitate the look of different kinds of natural stone. Pavers come in different sizes and colors that can give a very authentic look. Most people won’t be able to tell the difference between authentic natural stone and a paver without looking.
Sometimes, people don’t want to imitate the look and feel of stone or other materials. Pavers also come in different colors and designs of their own. These designs look great as a part of any architecture and will improve your curb appeal if you install it properly.
- Pattern - Materials like interlocking pavers create an interesting design element that goes well with any kind of architecture. There are several different kinds of patters you can lay pavers in:
- Circular pattern- as the name implies, are pavers laid in a circular formation. In this formation, the pavers might have some gaps in between them but they’re usually filled with sand. This pattern looks very grand, especially on large driveways.
- The Herringbone pattern is very popular and has been around for a while. Essentially, the pavers are placed in a v-shaped pattern. This pattern is great for heavy-traffic areas and very durable. It’s ideal for driveways.
- Basket weave pattern - This lends a vintage look; it is a design with alternating vertical and horizontal pavers. In essence, your driveway would look like a basket weave.
- The running bond pattern - This is one of the most common patterns on the driveways. This is simply because it’s very easy to lay and doesn’t take a lot of time. There’s also very little waste of material in this pattern. It can make your short driveway look longer.
Driveway pavers are very easy to maintain. You don’t need to put in much effort to clean them. If some pavers get damaged, you can easily replace them. We dry-lay these pavers in most of our projects so removing individual pieces is easy.
If you have any question about driveways and our services, fell free to give us at Driveways 2Day a call. Just dial 443-280-6126 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.